Claudia's High Anxiety BC CD RN GN CGC

Claudia's High Anxiety BC CD RN GN CGC

U-CD Claudia's Never Ever BC CDX RE TD CGC

U-CD Claudia's Never Ever BC CDX RE TD CGC

Sunday, May 2, 2010

To Ellie and All Abandoned Puppies

Saturday, April 10th, I worked at a pet adoption event in neighboring Santa Rosa County and fell in love with a stray.  She touched my soul; four to six months old, all white with a brown spot on her head, sweet and happy to see everyone.  She was adopted at the end of the event to someone who seemed as if he was unaccustomed to owning a dog.  I cried in front of everyone and still cry.  She touched me to the core.  She deserves the best home of my dreams.  But how selfish of me.  Don't all strays deserve the best home?  I prayed to God to take care of little Ellie and give her a good life.  Fifty-nine animals were adopted.  This particular Saturday, I'm sure, animals all over the United States were adopted.  I dream of them living in loving, safe and comfortable homes.  But this one little Border Collie mix named Ellie-I will never forget you-a symbol of homeless dogs everywhere who greet each day with energy and positivity and go to their new homes with a wagging tail and panting grin. 

No comments: